* Downtown Cabaret Theatre Children’s Theatre, 263 Golden Hill St., Bridgeport; mycabaret.org or 203-576-1636; 5 shows/$90; 4 shows/$80: A Christmas Carol, Nov. 21-Dec. 27; Jungle Book, Jan. 9-Feb. 14; James and the Giant Peach, Feb. 27-April 3; The Princess and the Pea, April 16-May 22.
WCSU Dept. of Theatre Arts, presents Parade, based on the real-life story of the 1913 ‘Trial of the Century,’ Nov. 11-31; evening and matinee performances; MainStage Theatre of the Visual and Performing Arts Center, Westside Campus, 43 Lake Ave. Ext., Danbury; res., 203-837-8732 or visit wcsu.edu/svpa/events.asp
Ridgefield High School, comedy The Green Bird, Anne S. Richardson Auditorium of RHS, Nov. 12-14 and 20-21 at 7:30 p.m.; tickets $15 at the door or at www.rhsperformingarts.info/ beginning on Oct. 29 (snow date Nov. 21 at 2 p.m.); 203-894-5750.
* Bedford Community Theatre, The Wizard of Oz, Fri., Nov. 13 and 20, 7 p.m., Sat., Nov. 14 and 21, at 2 and 7 p.m., Sun., Nov. 15 and 22, at 2 p.m., tickets $20; 74 Main St., Bedford Hills, N.Y.; bedfordommunitytheatre.org or 914-666-7004.
Curtain Call, Inc., 1349 Newfield Ave. Stamford, curtaincallinc.com or 203-461-6358: Bonnie and Clyde, The Musical, Nov. 13-Dec. 12, Fri.-Sat., at 8, Sun. at 2; Thur., Dec. 3 and 10, at 8; tickets $32/adults, $24/srs., $6/students and children.
The Armonk Players, at the North Castle Public Library, 19 Whippoorwill Road East, Armonk, N.Y. (use Kent Place entrance); armonkplayers.org: Mothers and Sons by terrence McNally, Nov. 13-21, Fri.-Sat. at 8, Sun., Nov. 15, at 4, Thur., Nov. 19, at 8; tickets $20.
Our Town, performed by The Prep Players, Thur.-Fri., 8 p.m., eir Experimental Theater, Quick Center for the Arts, Fairfield University; tickets $5/students, $10/adults; quickenter.com or 1-877-ARTS-396.
Comprovedy, presented by the Sterling Lion Theater Company and CYRiously Funny Productions, Sat., Nov. 14, 8 p.m. (doors open at 7:30); early tickets $15 at sterlinglion.org or $17 at the door ($15 w/food bank donation); 18+ strongly advised; Strand Theater, 165 Main St., Seymour; info., sterlinglion.org or 860-792-6739.
* Frosty, a holiday musical, Sat., Nov. 14, 11 a.m. and 2 p.m., tickets $15; The Ridgefield Playhouse, 80 East Ridge; ridgefieldplayhouse.org or 203-438-5795.
Square One Theatre Company presents Bill Davis’ Mass Appeal, Nov. 5-22, Thur. at 7, Fri. at 8, Sat. at 4 and 8, Sun. at 2; tickets $20; at the Stratford Academy, 719 Birdseye St., Stratford; squareonetheatre.com or 203-375-8778.
The Ridgefield Theater Barn, 37 Halpin Lane; ridgefieldtheaterbarn.org: Glengarry Glen Ross, written by David Mamet, Nov. 6-28, Fri.-Sat. at 8, some Sunday matinees, doors open one hour before curtain, cabaret seating; $24 gen. adm., $20 srs., students & veterans.
DAC Stage presents The Nerd by Larry Shue, Nov. 6-21, Fri.-Sat. at 8, Sun. at 2; tickets $25; Darien Arts Center Weatherstone Stuio, 2 Renshaw Rd.; res., darienarts.org or call 203-655-5414.
Curtain Call production of Blithe Spirit by Noel Coward, Oct. 29-Nov. 15, Thur., Fri. and Sat. at 8, Sun. at 2; tickets $32/adults, $24/srs., $16/students and children; The Dressing Room Theatre, Sterling Farms Theatre Complex, 1349 Newfield Ave., Stamford; res., curtaincallinc.com or 203-461-6358.
Town Players of Newtown, at the Little Theatre, 18 Orchard Hill Rd., Newtown; newtownplayers.org or 203-270-9144: Design for Murder by George Batson, Oct. 30-Nov. 21, Fri.-Sat. at 8, Sun. at 2, Nov. 8 & 15; tickets $22, $18 for matinees; $10 for children 10 and under.
Live in HD at the Ridgefield Playhouse, 80 East Ridge; co-spon. by AAA Northeast; tickets for most events $25, $15/students, free for those under 18; ridgefieldplayhouse.org or 203-438-5795: The Bolshoi Ballet’s Jewels, Mon., Nov. 15, 7 p.m..
Rebound: The Chris Herren Story, talk by ex-NBA star about struggles with addiction and his recovery, Tues., Nov. 17, 7:30 p.m.; Ridgefield Playhouse, 80 East Ridge; ridgefieldplayhouse.org or 203-438-5795.
* Piff the Greatest Magic Dragon, with his chihuahua Mr. Piffles, Fri., Nov. 20, 5:30 p.m. (from season 10 of America’s Got Talent!), tickets $30; The Ridgefield Playhouse, 80 East Ridge; ridgefieldplayhouse.org or 203-438-5795.
The Small Town Theatre Company, How I Learned to Drive, Fri.-Sat., Nov. 20-21, at 8; gen. adm. $15; The Hergenhan Center, 40 Maple Ave., Armonk, N.Y.; res., smalltowntheatre.com.
Sight Unseen by Donald Margulies, Sat., Nov. 21, 2 p.m., by M&M Performing Arts Cmpany, Inc., at the Cole Auditorium, Greenwich Library, 101 West Putnam Ave.; greenwichlibrary.org or 203-622-7919.
The Cat in the Hat, produced by Childsplay, Sun., Nov. 22, 3 p.m., tickets $15 for adults and children; Quick Center for the Arts, Fairfield University; quickcenter.com or 1-877-ARTS-396.
Long Wharf Theatre, 222 Sargent Dr., New Haven; longwharf.org or 203-787-4282: Fiasco Theater production of Measure for Measure by William Shakespeare, Nov. 25-Dec. 20, tickets start at $25.
* Mooseltoe, new musical about a moose who wants to fly with Santa’s reindeer, Fri., Nov. 27, 11 a.m., tickets $15, $20; White Plains Performing Arts Center, 11 City Place, White Plains, N.Y.; wppac.com or 914-328-1600.
Yale Repertory Theatre 2015-16 Season, yalerep.org or 203-432-1234 or at the box office at 1120 Chapel St., New Haven: Peerless by Jiehae Park, Nov. 27-Dec. 19, Yale Repertory Theatre, 1120 Chapel St.; The Moors by Jen Silverman, Jan. 29-Feb. 20, Yale Repertory Theatre, 1120 Chapel St.; Cymbeline by William Shakespeare, March 25-April 16, University Theatre, 222 York St.; Happy Days by Samuel Beckett, with Dianne Wiest, April 29-May 21, Yale Repertory Theatre, 1120 Chapel St.
* Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer The Musical, Sat., Nov. 28, at 3 and 7 p.m., at The Palace Theatre, 61 Atlantic St., Stamford; palacestamford.org or 203-325-4466.
* A Christmas Carol, presented by the Hampstead Stage Company, Wed., Nov. 30, 4-5 p.m., $7/person; Bendheim Western Greenwich Civic Center, 449 Pemberwick Rd., Greenwich; info., greenwichct.org.
Formula One broadcast team of Leigh Diffey, David Hobbs and Steve Matchett, Mon., Nov. 30, 7:30 p.m., tickets $75, $35; Ridgefield Playhouse, 80 East Ridge; ridgefieldplayhouse.org or 203-438-5795.
Downtown Cabaret Theatre, 263 Golden Hill St., Bridgeport; mycabaret.org or 203-576-1636: Fiddler on the Roof, Dec. 4-20; The Great Gatsby, Feb. 12-21; Evita, March 11-26; Green Day’s American Idiot, April 29-May 15; The Rocky Horror Picture Show, w/live floor show, Oct. 30-31; Musicals in Concert: Chess, Nov. 14.
TheatreWorks New Milford, 5 Brookside Lane, New Milford; theatreworks.us or 860-350-6863: Bell, Book & Candle, Dec. 4-Jan. 9, Fri.-Sat. at 8, Sun., Dec. 13 and 20 and Jan. 2, at 2; tickets $23, $18/students and military personnel with ID; New Year’s Eve Dec. 31, 8 p.m., gala fund-raising performance with hors d’oeuvres and open bar of wine, beer and soft drinks, $85.
Sherman Playhouse, 5 Route 39 North, Sherman; shermanplayers.org or 860-354-3622: Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, Dec. 4-27; Fri.-Sat. at 8, Sun. at 2; tickets $22/adults, $11/children 12 and younger; Thur., Dec. 3, half-price preview night at 8, all tickets $11.
* Historic Hudson Valley’s Dickens’ Christmas Carol, with master storyteller Jonathan Kruk, Dec. 5-20, Sat. and Sun. at 3:30, 4:45 and 6 (Dec. 20 at 6 and 7:15 p.m.); Christ Episcopal Church, 43 Broadway (Route 9), Tarrytown, N.Y.; $25/adults, $20/children under 18; res. at hudsonvalley.org or call 914-366-6900.
* The Lightning Thief, new musical for children, based on best selling book by Rick Riordan, sun., Dec. 6, at 1 and 4 p.m.; tickets $15; Ridgefield Playhouse, 80 East Ridge; ridgefieldplayhouse.org or 203-438-5795.
Sister’s Christmas Catechism: The Mystery of the Magi’s Gold, Dec. 8-20, Long Wharf Theatre Stage II, 222 Sargent Dr., New Haven; tickets $35; longwharf.org or 203-787-4282.
The Ridgefield Theater Barn, 37 Halpin Lane; ridgefieldtheaterbarn.org: Wreck the Halls, by Bradford Blake, Dec. 11-Jan. 2, Fri.-Sat. at 8, doors open 1 hour before curtain; cabaret seating (patrons may bring picnics to enjoy before shows), tickets $26, $22.
* The Snow Maiden, by No Strings Marionette Company, Sat., Dec. 12, at 1 and 3 p.m., at Greenwich Historical Society, Vanderbilt Education Center, 39 Strickland Rd., Cos Cob; $15, adv. res. strongly recommended; greenwichhistory.org or 203-869-6899 x10.