* = Things to do with children.
New Covenant House 11th Celebrity Breakfast, April 16, 7:30 to 9 a..m., with keynote presentation by broadcaster Ernie Anastos; Woodway Country Club of Darien; tickets $200; res., info., email [email protected] or call 203-964-8228 x2.
Spring Trunk Show, gifts and more by artists and artisans, and School of Art Tag Sale, frames, paint, art books, paper, craft material and more, Sat., April 18, 10-5; Silvermine Arts Center, 1037 Silvermine Road, New Canaan; silvermineart.org or 203-966-9700.
Wilton Spring Antiques Show, presented by Barn Star Productions and the Wilton Historical Society, Sat., April 18, 10-5 and Sun., April 19, 11-4; adm. $10/person; at the Wilton High School Field House, Rte. 7; info., wiltonhistorical.org or 203-762-7257.
The Best of Times, A Garden Club of America Flower Show presented by the Fairfield Garden Club, Sat., April 18, 10-4, and Sun., April 19, 10-3, at The Burr Homestead, 739 Old Post Rd., Fairfield; free adm.; info., fairfieldgardenclub.org
* National Park Weekend at Weir Farm National Historic Site, Sat.-Sun., April 18-19, 10 to 4; 735 Nod Hill Rd., Wilton; all parking at Branchville Elementary School, 40 Florida Rd., Ridgefield, with free shuttle between 10 and 4 daily; nps.gov/wefa or 203-834-1896.
10th Vintage Clothing, Accessories, Textiles & Jewelry Showcase, Sat., April 18, 10-5 (early buying at 8:30 a.m., $15 adm.) and Sun., April 19, 10-5; adm. $8 (12 and younger free; high school and college students w/ID may attend free on Sun.); PAL Building, 35 Hayestown Rd., Danbury; info., cordshows.com or 914-273-4667.
Do Ngak Kunphen Ling Tibetan Buddhist Center Open House, Sun., April 19, 1-4 p.m., 30 Putnam Park Rd., Redding; [email protected] or 203-664-1574.
* 12th Annual Whittingham Cancer Center Walk and Sally’s Run, hosted by Norwalk Hospital, Sat., April 25, at Calf Pasture Beach, Calf Pasture Beach Rd., East Norwalk: 5K “Sally’s Run,” begins at 8:30 a.m., reg. opens at 7:30; 3K Walk begins at 11 a.m., reg. opens at 9; Health and Wellness Fair, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Kids Zone, Music by DNR, Zumba, reg. $30/adults ($40 after April 19), $15/children; nhwalkrun.org or call 203-852-2386.
* Mini Maker Faire in Westport, Sat., April 25, 10-4; exhibits of inventions and creations; throughout the Westport Library, 20 Jesup Rd. and on Jesup Green; free; info., westportlibrary.org or 203-291-4800.
* Wilton Library’s Annual Gigantic Book Sale, Sat., April 25-Tues., April 28; Sat., 7-9 a.m., early buyers with $15 adm. fee; free, 9-5; Sun., 12-5, Mon., 10-5 (half price), Tues., 10-2, $5/bag; silent auction on Sat.-Sun., refreshments at lunchtime avail. Sat.; 137 Old Ridefield Rd., Wilton; wiltonlibrary.org or 203-762-3950.
Second Annual Spring Artisan Show at Keeler Tavern Museum, Sat., April 25, 11-5 and Sun., April 26, 11-4; Early Bird Breakfast on April 25, 8-11 a.m., $25 incl. private preview; show adm. $10; 132 Main St., Ridgefield; keelertavernmuseum.org or 203-438-5485.
Off the Streets of Bridgeport, Fairfield & Trumbull Donation Drop-Off Day for basic household needs — clean and in good cond. furnishings and household goods, Sat., April 25, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. in the parking lot of Our Lady of Assumption Church, 545 Stratfield Rd., Fairfield; info. at offthestreetsnow.com/bft
* Lyme Walk & Run, Sun., April 26; 5K and 10K run, 1-Mile and 3-Mile walk; info. stations, music, food and more; early reg. $25 ($85/family); Cove Island Park, Stamford; info., [email protected] or 203-969-1333.
Play in May Tennis Tournament, benefitting Norwalk Grassroots Tennis, Sat., May 2, at clubs throughout Fairfield County; pre-tournament cocktail party May 1 at the Country Club of Darien; non-team member tickets $60 (incl. in $280 team entry fee); info., norwalkgrassrootstennis.org
* CancerCare’s 3rd Annual Walk/Run for Hope, Sun., May 3, reg. and check-in starting at 7:45 a.m.; Greenwich Point Park, Greenwich; info., cancercare.org/walkgreenwich.
* Kidologie Children’s Fair presented by Yale-New Haven Children’s Hospital, Sun., May 3, 10-5; at the Maritime Aquarium, 10 North Water St., Norwalk; free for child w/each paying adult, avail. at kidologie.com.
* Wilton Go Green Festival, Sun., May 3, 11-5, live performances, shopping, exhibitors; kid-friendly games, face painting, silent auction and more; Wilton Library, 137 Old Ridgefield Rd., and Wilton Town Green, Wilton Center; info., wiltongogreen.org.
Landmark Homes of Weston Across Four Centuries House Tour, Sun., May 3, 1-5 p.m., featuring seven homes dating from 18th to 21st centuries; starting from Cobb’s Mill Inn, off Rte 57; tickets $75/person, avail. at westonhistoricalsociety.org or on tour day at the inn.
Spring Arts & Craft Market, Sun., May 3, 10-4; fine artists and artisans; Coastal Arts Guild of CT at the Baldwin Center, 1000 West Broad St., Stratford; info., stratfordartsguild.net.
Near & Far Aid 2015 Designer House Tour, Fri., May 8, 10-4, six homes in Southport & Westport; tickets $65 in adv., $75 day of tour; Designer Breakfast at the Patterson Club with Alexa Hampton, $75; Toast the Tour Cocktail Party and Car Show, $100 in adv., $125/door; res., nearandfaraid.org.
Plant Native/Eat Fresh Plant Sale, Sat., May 9, 9:30-2:30, hosted by University of Connecticut Certified Master Gardeners, at Bartlett Arboretum & Gardens, 151 Brookdale Road, Stamford; bartlettarboretum.org.
Battle of the Chefs to benefit Ridgefield’s Founders Hall, Sun., May 17, 4-7 p.m., with Silvia Bianco, formerly of Biscotti, Bernard Bouissou fo Bernard’s, and Prasad Chirnomula of Thali; event incl. hors d’oeuvres and open bar, tickets $100; with seat at tasting table (limited number), $500; at Founders Hall, 193 Danbury Road/Rte. 35, Ridgefield; founders-hall.org or 203-431-7000.
Historic Barns of New Canaan, organized by the League of Women Voters of New Canaan and the New Canaan Historical Society, Thur., May 21, 11-3; presentation, box lunch and bus tour; info., [email protected]
Gossett’s Farm Market,Sat., 9-1 (indoors for winter), 14+ vendors; 1202 Rte. 35, South Salem, N.Y.; gossettbrothersnursery.com/farmers-market/
Farmers and Bakers Sundays Market, April 19, 11-3 on terrace of Antiques & Tools of Business and Kitchen, 65 Westchester Ave., Pound Ridge, N.Y.; info., 914-764-0015.